The mission of the John A. Burns School of Medicine, Department of Surgery is to provide a collegial environment for education, innovative research, and outstanding clinical programs.
Department of Surgery 4 C’s:
Mission and Vision Statements and Surgery’s Strategic Plan
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- John A. Burns School of Medicine
- University Clinical, Education, and Research Associates (UCERA dba University Health Partners of Hawai’i (UHP)
DEPARTMENT ORGANIZATION AND PERSONNEL
- Surgery Overall Organizational Chart
- Faculty and Staff List
- Anesthesia: Jason Isa, M.D.
- Critical Care/Research: David Inouye, M.D.
- General Surgery: Dean Mikami, M.D.
- Emergency Medicine: Gregory Suares, M.D.
- Neurosurgery: William Obana, M.D.
- Opthalmology: Greg Kokame, M.D.
- Orthopedics: Kyle Mitsunaga, M.D.
- Otolaryngology: Daniel Alam, M.D.
- Pediatric Surgery: Walton Shim, M.D.
- Plastic Surgery: F. Don Parsa, M.D.
- Radiology: Joan Kendall, M.D.
- Thoracic/CV: Peter Tsai, M.D.
- Transplant: Alan Cheung, M.D.
- Urology: D. Gary Lattimer, M.D.
- Vascular: Elna Masuda, M.D.
Administrative Services Division
1. Handbooks: Must adhere to policies and procedures by all employers regardless of your main employer.
- UH Faculty Policies and Procedures
- UH Employee Benefits
- UH Administrative Procedures
- JABSOM Policies and Procedures
- RCUH Policies and Procedures
- Workplace Non-Violence
- Sexual Harassment – UH Policy
- Sexual Harassment – UH Training website
- Protecting Confidential Information
- Information Security Policy Includes HIPAA
- Use and Management of Information Technology Resources
3. Other Information