Non-Compensated Clinical and Adjunct Faculty Guidebook
- Non-Compensated Faculty Brochure
- Benefits for clinical faculty
- Grand Rounds and Visiting Professors CME Schedule
- Non-Comp Application Checklist
- Clinical Application Information Form
- Promotion Procedures
- Adjunct: Adjunct Faculty are evaluated based on the UH I-Series Criteria, starting on page three. Promotion applications are due to JABSOM Dean’s office two months prior to your end date. Therefore, promotion applications are due at the department level three months before your current appointment end date.
- Clinical: Clinical Faculty are evaluated based on the JABSOM M-Series Criteria. Promotion applications are due to JABSOM Dean’s office February 1 of each year, and are effective July 1st of the same year. Promotions at the department level are due December of the previous year for review.
- Martials for promotion: Submit your current CV and a letter describing your achievements in teaching, research/scholarship, University/professional/community service, and clinical (applicable)
For non-compensated faculty interested in applying for promotion, please submit the following by Friday, November 27, 2020:
- Letter of intent (addressed to Dr. Murayama);
- Latest CV listing the areas of teaching, research, service, etc. (see link to M-Series criteria below);
- Three letters addressed to Dr. Murayama from faculty at a rank higher than the one you are applying for (e.g., if you are an assistant professor, please obtain letters from those who are at the associate or full level) who can attest to your having met the criteria for promotion in the areas of teaching, research, service, etc. (The signed letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via U.S. Mail to UHM Dept of Surgery, 1356 Lusitana Street, 6th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813; attn.: Maria).
For information on the minimum qualifications for each rank, please see the link below:
The Departmental Personnel Committee (DPC) will review all complete applications and provide its recommendation to the Department Chair. The Department Chair’s recommendation is then submitted to the Dean for his review and approval. You should receive notification of the outcome no later than July 1, 2021.