SURG 532 | Surgery Longitudinal Clerkship
A clinically based, year-long, introductory in general surgery, and selected subspecialties. Outpatient-conducted one day per week for six months in a community-based, ambulatory care facility. Inpatient-conducted for four weeks in an acute-care hospital facility.
Our students will be:
1. Life-long learners.
2. Understand the biological sciences underlying clinical medicine.
3. Able to care for their patients with increasing responsibility under faculty supervision and respond to feedback.
4. Communicate effectively with patients, families, and other healthcare providers.
5. Appreciate the epidemiology of disease and the role of the physician in public health and global health issues, particularly those important to Hawaii and the Asia-Pacific region.
6. Professional and ethical and demonstrate an enthusiasm for medicine while
7. Maintain personal health and well-being.
For more information, please view our curriculum guide found under student resources.
Surgery Clerkship Coordinator
Department of Surgery Clerkship